[OM] Re: macro posts please

Subject: [OM] Re: macro posts please
From: Wm Biesele <wbiesele@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:49:47 -0700
Phillip Franklin wrote

Bill,

For macro work you definitely want either the 2s or 4 or 4T(Ti) (or I guess the
3Ti if you
have the extra bucks). Trying to figure flash exposures is too difficult and
cumbersome
without TTL OTF.  I suppose it's why OM introduced it back when they did.  TTL
OTF is a
godsend for macro work. Either the T10 or T8 or T28 or even the T20 or t32 is
the way to go.
Of course shooting macro with available or tungsten light can be done with
about any of the
bodies.  However if you are seriously into macro plan on using TTL OTF.  I
think that is
where the OM system has little or no competition. I use various 1 series macro
screens. I
think I've got all of them and I like the 1-12 best.

I think I'll try the 2s. Macro flash computation is not that tough (it's in the
calculator).
With flower shots the macro OTF can try to light up the background and over
expose the flower.
Getting closer helps but DOF gets worse. I've gotten some unusual results using
a grey card
as a background, some flowers transmit noticeable amounts of light which colors
the grey card.

I appreciate the advice on the 1-12, a 1-11 was in the plan and a now a 1-12 is
too.

Thanks

Bill B.