[OM] titanium

Subject: [OM] titanium
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:43:41 -0800 (PST)
If titanium is a grey matte color, then the top and bottom plates of
an OM-4T are definitely *not* solid titanium.  I once purchased an
OM-4T over the net.  It was described as having a shiny spot under
each strap lug connector on the top plate.  When I got the camera,
these shiny spots were in fact disks almost 1cm in diameter and
totally shiny silver metallic in color, definitely looked like
aluminum, and definitely not grey matte.

there are two possibilities.  either this was brassing all the way
down to the chassis, or the top plate is aluminum under titanium.

In either case, I could rub my finger along it and barely feel it
comparing the area of aluminum showing through with painted titanium
on the outside around it.  Whatever titanium is used is quite thin.
so either the top and bottom plates are extremely thin, or they are not
solid titanium (or titanium is in fact shiny silver in color).

Joseph