RE: [OM] zone system - in olympus-digest V2 #1452

Subject: RE: [OM] zone system - in olympus-digest V2 #1452
From: "Chung, Stephen (AU)" <chungs@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:23:45 +1100
DORIS wrote

SNIP

> One way or another, you're going to have to know and understand how
> light washes over things and echoes onto film.

This has to be some of the most telling words of advice I've come across on
this mailing list and so
succinct to boot.  Imagine if one were to achieve that level of
understanding.  Why you could simply offload all your other OM bodies and
just get about with your dead meter OM1.

SNIP

> The key is to find a path or working method that agrees
> with your own personality, situation and equipment.  One's mileage
> may vary, but whatever yields the best images for you is what counts.
>
>                                    *= Doris Fang =*

This has to be some of the most telling words of advice I've.. come
...across...wait a minute, I recall your posting similar advice many many
times on the list in the past and frankly speaking.... I agree with it.  It
sums up in an uncannily accurate way, what on Earth possesed me to choose
the OM system and traditional darkroom techniques, many years after each had
had its heyday.

Regards
SC.

PS half the fun is getting there - YMMV