[OM] 35sp auto exposure mode

Subject: [OM] 35sp auto exposure mode
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:57:45 -0500
Does anyone know the behavior of the Olympus 35sp in the auto mode? I
know that if there is not enough light, the shutter button will not
release. However, if there is enough light, is the aperture fixed and
only the speed varies. The 35sp is in auto mode when both the aperture
and the speed ring are set to A. This makes me wonder if the aperture
is also varied, but that sounds more sophisticated for that generation
of technolgy. So if it is a fixed aperture, what is the value.

According to the link: http://cameraquest.com/olysp.htm the AE is a
programmed automatic exposure. AE Meter range is EV 5.5 to 17 (ASA 100)
while the speed range goes to 1/15 to 1/250 (or is it really 1/500?).
This means that both the aperture and the speed varies. My guess is
that they vary linearly with respect to each other. Anybody know for
sure? (it. 1/500 + f/16 for EV17, 1/250 + f/11 for EV15, etc. down to
1/15 + f/1.7 for EV5.5 the lower limit).

thanks
Wayne