[OM] Millenium Dome - London, England

Subject: [OM] Millenium Dome - London, England
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:05:51 -0800

I hope to spend a day at the Millenium  Dome sometime in early to mid March.

Can anyone advise me on the following:

Are there any restrictions on taking photos in and around the Dome .....do you have to pay a photo permit fee and if so how much?
For interior shots what kind of film is advisable .......is daylight film OK?
If one chooses to stay limited to only a couple of lenses which should they be .......I have 24, 28, 50, 100, 135?
Are tripods allowed?
Is flash allowed?
When are the Dome's opening and closing hours and is it open seven days a week?
Would you be fighting with lots of other visitors to take photos and have to wait ages to get your preferred shots?
What is the best time of day to take photos inside and outside?
Can you stay there all day or does your entry ticket require you to leave after a stipulated period of time? Is the Dome readily accessible by tube / surface rail / coach from Gatwick and Heathow? Any idea of the cost of the tube / surface rail / coach fare from Gatwick and how frequently the buses and trains run? Does one have to pay an entry fee to gain access to the Dome and if so how much? Are there any security restrictions .... like not being allowed to carry bulky photo bags or back packs?

Any and all responses will be very helpful in planning my trip.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC