Re: [OM] which 50 for interior architecture?

Subject: Re: [OM] which 50 for interior architecture?
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:38:57 -0000
Clearly something's changed. This is what I downloaded from Gary's site a
few months ago:

28mm f3.5 Zuiko (single-coated)
Vignetting = B- at f4, B at f5.6, B+ at f8
Distortion = moderate barrel
Aperture  Centre  Corner
f3.5   C+  C
f5.6   B  A-
f8      A-  A
f11    B+  B
f16    B+  B

"Note: Low contrast image at f16, f11, f4, although high resolution of high
contrast details at centre of field; moderate contrast at mid apertures;
optimum at f8."

"This has always been my least favourite Zuiko and I now know why. While
capable of decent images, only f8 is pro calibre. Performance falls off
either side of f8, although moderate contrast is held at f5.6. Especially
troubling is the lack of contrast at f16, f11, and f4. Images are downright
flat and easily the poorest of any Zuiko tested to date."

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)