Re: [OM] camera vibration?

Subject: Re: [OM] camera vibration?
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:22:59 EST
>Dirk writes:
>
><< Would this [mechanical camera vs. electronic camera vibration] make
>much difference in the sharpness of photos taken in the real world, as
>opposed to the laboratory?? >>
>
>Real world for most photograpers is hand holding. The results are for
>the most part worse than tripod shots (also real world), so the
>comparison is a mute issue. Is there something in my tests that seem
>not be real world?

I did not intend to imply that your tests were not "real world", just
that I wouldn't go to the same lengths as you did to prevent camera
vibration. I also assumed that the average user would not also.

But, I have heard or seen the use of a sand filled bag placed on the
camera and lens as a way to prevent vibration. Have you tried that?

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright