[OM] Angenieux Zoom experience?

Subject: [OM] Angenieux Zoom experience?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:20:02 -0500
Anyone ever used an Angenieux 35-70/2.5-3.3 zoom like the one now on Ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=248599557 ?

I didn't know that Angenieux made an OM mount. The seller makes references and comparisons to the Zuiko 35-80/2.8 and that the Angenieux is comparable? I find that a bit hard to believe but I don't have any direct experience.

WIth 5 days to go on the auction, its getting a lot of activity. Already 23 bids and up to $430.00. Many of those bids are tracking bids, but it will be interesting to see the selling price. I notice many of the normal Olympus bidders, including some from Japan.

Is anyone here looking at this lens?

Skip