[OM] OM=Japanese Leica???

Subject: [OM] OM=Japanese Leica???
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:08:01 EST
After reading all of these "OM-RIP" messages, the thought kept going
through my head about comparing Leica to OM. I was thinking in terms of
an "old" camera design persisting in the market in a similar way to
Leica M. But, without a cult status similar to Leica, I don't think
it's going to happen. Olympus would have to start making lenses on a
equal footing to Leica, and price them accordingly. Right now, the
lenses are just about equal to Nikon, and about the same price. There
also would have to be an exclusiveness to it that the OM system
currently lacks.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright