[OM] Kodachrome K25?

Subject: [OM] Kodachrome K25?
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:30:55 +0100
Alex wrote:

Are there any Kodachrome K25 shooters left?  I'm about to shoot a couple of
rolls of K25 for the first time in years. I usually shoot K64, but have been

experimenting with the Fuji Provia 100F and Kodak's 100VS and 100SW films.
Print films used are usually Fuji Reala or NHGII.

Alex
--------------
Yes, me.
I also use(d) mainly K64, but last year I had two holidays by car (one to
California and one to Austria for the eclipse). The trunk of a car has more
space than a backpack, which allowed to take a tripod with me...
That's why I took K25 instead of K64. My conclusion:
K25 is only a little sharper than K64, but the "colour-detail" is much
higher.
Death Valley on K25 is really awesome!
Drawbacks: ISO 25 *is* slow... Increased sharpness is often spoiled
by camera shake/shock and limitations in lens performance. Also dark areas
become often very dark... black. The opposite for light areas.
Personally I still prefer Kodachrome above E6. I tried Velvia 50 a year ago,
but I was not impressed. Furthermore: Kodachrome has proven to be extremely
stable; pre-WO-II Kodachromes still have excellent colours!

Bye.
Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands