RE: [OM] Kodachrome K25?

Subject: RE: [OM] Kodachrome K25?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:29:47 +0000
At 18:29 1/31/00 , Dave Bulger wrote:
>Dirk,
>
>I get mine from B&H along with the prepaid processing.  Most/all of the
>local labs want 2+ weeks to turn around a K order.

Hmmmm, Mine gets done in 7 days, but sometimes get lucky and it comes back
in 5 or 6 days.  By comparison E-6 comes back in 5 days.  Qualex (Kodak's
wholely owned processing subsidiary) is one of the only labs that can
handle it.  I think my faster turnaround may be due to dropping it in the
Kodak Premium Processing (KPP) box at the local discount department store.

All the other labs I know about must send it to Qualex anyway.  This tacks
on additional handling time.  I've noticed this with commercial and
professional labs in Indianapolis.  Check to see what the Kodachrome
turnaround is next time you go by the KPP film drop in Wal-Mart, K-Mart,
etc.  Most of the kiosks for it have a small barrel you can rotate with
most of the services and pricing for them.

GL,
-- John