Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 01:46:55 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Giles wrote:

> But Doris, you are always reminding us that some of the greatest
> photographers kept it simple and did not rely on truck loads of gear.

  They did, and I, a member of the hoi polloi, also keep it simple,
 carrying 2-4 lenses most of the time.

> You  wouldn't be saying that to give yourself a better shot at all the gear
> now
> would you ;-)

  Dang it, Giles, just go bare my secrets, why don't you ? Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

> PS  Is a Tundra hermetically sealed?

  Of course. They're easily the equal of Pelican, and appear to be
more structurally rigid --- about 10 0.000000e+00avier & about the same price.
They
come in the same variety of internal configurations (modular, foam, etc) I
think they have an ad about some sort of Arctic expedition that shows a
kayak towing 3-4 big Tundras behind it, right in the water (don't try
THAT at home) around the ice. Not very hydrodynamic, but speed probably
wasn't an issue :-). I own a 718 which is about the same size
as  Pelican's 1520. Both brands have been great, and my 2 Halliburtons,
 a favorite OM-sized one and a gigantic, too-big-to-carry, battered one
(to which I have managed to lose BOTH keys...:-/ ) and now is basically a
"tanker" have endured and passed the test of time. For me, the negative
side to the 'Burtons is that they slide all too easily on almost any
surface, which brought me some heart-stopping last-minute catches.

                                           *= Doris Fang =*