Re: [OM] On eyeballs and eyesight (long and off-topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] On eyeballs and eyesight (long and off-topic)
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:08:11 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Ken Norton wrote:

> I had stopped racing after I
> had busted myself up trying to jump a fallen tree at high speed on my
> mountain bike.

  I know the feeling...I hairline-fractured my tailbone er...jumping
off a drop on my Cannondale. Even though luck was with me, as it could
have been much worse, the pain of that fracture was unbelievable. I
have adjusted my riding style significantly. My SO rode a little too close
to an edge and went over it, falling about 7 feet onto a ledge, then
another 7 before stopping, breaking an ACL and sustaining other injuries
from which he has recuperated. We both have become a little
more centered on the recreational part, less so on the rad-riding.
Pain can be a 1-trial teaching tool. :-)

> The results have been interesting and the improvement was not an overnight
> thing.
<snipped>

   Congratulations !

                                           *= Doris Fang =*