[OM] Questions about light set-ups

Subject: [OM] Questions about light set-ups
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:24:24 +0100
Hi,

Yesterday evening I was wondering about some light set-ups I could
manufacture with the stuff I have, or can obtain for a moderate price.

So, when pondering over some things I couldn't help but wonder about usage
of artificial light. As we all know, normal light bulbs are of a different
temparature than sunlight and flashlight, hence causing an orangish cast on
the subject. Now, I was wondering about halogen lamps (think of the really
powerful ones), these seem to give light that is a lot brighter (and
"whiter" at that) than bulb. So, how about the temperature of those lights?
Are they comparable to daylight/flashlight, or are they closer to the light
produced by normal bulbs? If these lamps can be used successfully (i.e.
without having to mess around with nasty colour correction filters such as
the 80A), then, can anyone tell me if these lights work nicely (when
diffused by transparent paper)?

Then, flash-wise I currently have an F280 and a T28 twin flash. While not
the ideal combination of flashes for off-the-camera-multiple-flash set-ups,
I still think they could be put to some good use. Has anyony tried using a
similar combination of using a T-series flash and an F280 using a TTL
AutoCord (losing Super FP mode, but who cares)? I think Hans told me this
combination is possible, but I'm not certain anymore (do I need the T20 TTL
AutoConnector for that?!?). If indeed it is possible, then can I use a TTL
multiconnector to hook up the F280 and the T28 to fire simultaneously when
triggered by the camera?

Also, can anyone give me some advise on such set-ups (for studio portrait
work)? The idea is to bounce the light (after diffusing it by means of
transparent paper) around on 1-3 reflectors (white, silver or gold). Ideally
I'd love to do such stuff with 2-3 T32 flashes, but the cash flow is far
from great at the moment, so if I can use my current flash gear decently,
I'd like to give that a go...

Any suggestions/comments are welcome (as always).

Cheers!
Olafo