[OM] The developments of a Zuikoholic....

Subject: [OM] The developments of a Zuikoholic....
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:19:38 -0700
Greetings, all.

Toms previous mail (you know, the one in which he made almost
all of us jealous by having tons of excess gear) made me think a bit about my
own development as a Zuikoholic. In the beginning I got one OM-body and a few
lenses, however only one Zuiko -  the 50/1.8 that came on the body. The
others were (if memory serve me right) Sigma zooms (tested propperly to make
sure that it was not from the batches of "crappy Sigma" gear). I was happy with
that for a while.

Then I felt the need for another body (to have the opportunity to have more
films loaded concurrently) and then another one - and another one and...and...
In other words, my true addiction started on the body-side.

Only MUCH later, like five years of my first OM-body, was I caught by the need
to also have Zuiko-lenses. It escapes my memory which one I bought first or in
which order I have bought the lenses, but the same happened as with the bodies:
I wanted another one...and anoter one...and...and..and....

I am not sure if this really has stopped, or if the addiction has grown just
into another phase. While I used to use zoom's exclusively, I now almost solely
use fixed-length lenses for the better qualities of these. Except for my Sigma
21-45 and my Sigma 50-200 apo, I rarely ever use a zoom any more. So I have
started buying more fixed-length Zuiko's (and being much more critical when
doing so) and considering selling off some of the older non-Zuiko OM-mount
zooms - mostly to reduce the space they occupy and make room for other gear.

Now, I am only looking for one or two wide-angle Zuiko's while also aiming for
buying a new 3Ti body and - if such comes up - a good 2s(p). And then it would
really be nice to be able to equip all bodies with winders or motor drives
rather than swapping the two I have around, but then...then I am going to
stop...I really am. I am in control...I can controll this........ohh, who am I
kidding....

"Hi...I am Thomas - I am a long-time Zuikoholic"

(The Netherlands have this system where they "treat" their drug-addicts by the
government giving them their drugs for free to satisfy their addiction.....I
wonder if they have something similar for Zuikoholics....)

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)