Re: [OM] Which wide angle (Zuiko) to choose...?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which wide angle (Zuiko) to choose...?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:38:05 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
(about his search for the prime-o wide)
> post. However the chances are that it will be used mainly for landscapes (as
> in
> "when rock climbing"), and if memory serves me, I've been using the
> zoom more at the "wider end" than at the 35mm end. I have, however, nothing
> other than vague memories to support this - I usually don't stop to look at
> the
> setting of my zoom after shooting. So I would be more interrested, I guess, in
> something at the range <24mm or thereabout. However if all good experience
> says
> that the 28mm is really _the_ zoom, then I am sure that wouldn't be a that
> fixed parameter for me.

   Seems like the 21/2 is the rage around these parts, but if you're
shooting your landscapes from a tripod, the 21/3.5 may be the ticket.
You mentioned 24's, and from the looks of the imminent OM-list" 24/2
Panic of 2000 ", I'd say you might want to catch one of these beauties
as the price plummets from oversupply hitting E-Bay. :-) Frankly, in
24's, for  a landscapist, I'd suggest the 24/2.8 MC. The problem is
that with OM, there's a LOT of good choices.

                                 *= Doris Fang =*