Re: [OM] History & Futrue of Industrial Imaging

Subject: Re: [OM] History & Futrue of Industrial Imaging
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:59:27 +0100

"John A. Prosper" schrieb:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Phillip Franklin wrote:
>
> |Generally speaking most photographic historians seem to give credit for
> these most important
> |photographic milestones:
> |
> |Konica - Inventor of the 35mm SLR
> |Olympus - Inventor of OTF TTL Flash Control
> |Minolta - Inventor of the Auto Focusing Lens
>
> But Olympus DID NOT invent OTF TTL Flash Control: Minolta did.

And if my memory serves me right, the first 35mm SLR was the Kine Exacta
in 1936.

Invention of AF lenses? Beside the Honeywell Patent, there was a Leica
AF prototype shown on one Photokina in the 70´s. And wasn´t there an
N*k*n F3AF and an C*n*n T80 camera both with interchangeable AF lenses
before Minolta introduced there AF system?

Regards

Richard