Re: [OM] F280 flash battery drain

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 flash battery drain
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:49:46 +0100

Motor Sport Visions Photography schrieb:

> In a message dated 1/23/00 Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> << My F280 flash drains at 3.5 mA/hour with the switch in the OFF
> position!
> Naturally, this means I can't keep it loaded with cells.
> This sucker drains
> batteries like there is no tomorrow, and has since day 1. You _must_
> remove the batteries between usage for all but the shortest periods of
> time.

I can´t confirm such drain with my F280. In contrary, when switched on,
the F280 will drain the battery significant less than an T32.
An T32 permanently tries to charge the capacitor. An F280 is much
"smarter" it will charge the capacitor only when the voltage has droped
to certain amount.
As result an F280 can be left switched on the whole day without drainig
the battery. The T32 battery would be dead after some hours.

Regards

Richard