[OM] Zuiko 50mm f 1.4 Optical Formula.

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 50mm f 1.4 Optical Formula.
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:09:48 +0100
Hi all.

On Dec. 5. Joseph writes:

> on the subject of the 50/1.4, there were at least two different optical
> formulas manufactured by Olympus for this lens, and only the latest
> one rivals the 50/1.8's for sharpness.
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

I don´t know two different optical formulas on this lens 50mm f 1.4.

>From the first times Olympus made this lens  with  7 elements /  6 groups.
I´m I wrong ?

Joseph, what is the difference from one formula to other ?

Are you talking about the two different formulas of the 50mm f 1.8 ?
1ª  6 elements /  5 groups.
2ª  6 elements /  4 groups.

Or are you calling "different optical formula" the different coating
treatments ?

Ángel Lobo.
CUENCA  ( Spain ).