Re: [OM] EBAY SCAMS

Subject: Re: [OM] EBAY SCAMS
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:48:10 -0500
This may sound prejudicial, but I start by judging the effort that is
put into the announcement.  If it is put together in a sloppy way or
with poor quality photos, or be an individual quite attached to the item
up for bid.  Then I consider that it might be an amateur or an
individual who is less than interested in detail.  This might also
happen in any transaction between us.  So, I bid accordingly.

It is possible to be "taken for a ride" even when dealing in person.  I
watched "pros" take housewives and elderly people when I was learning
how to sell vacuum cleaners (don't ask!).

My experiences on ebay in particular, and the net in general have been
better than I expected.  Yes, the potential is there for abuse, and yes,
it is easy to miscommunicate - one man's emmaculate, is another man's
fair - yet most on the net are looking for repeat business, and have
learned that fairness and honesty are the way to achieve it.

Gregg