Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:13:12 EST
In a message dated 01/24/2000 9:05:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Assembling a kit is a really personal thing, and some people seem to
>  work happily under tremendous loads, while others would rather travel
>  light.

I suspect there are people who can work successfully under tremendous loads,
I would question how happy they are about it ;-)

My philosophy here has been to slowly build up two kits. I have my "big bag"
and my "little bag" The big bag is what I bring when I want to be prepared
for just about anything (at least anything within the capabilities of my
total kit - ther are no 8mm fisheyes, for example). With the little bag I try
to put together a small collection that is flexible, but has some compromises
in things such as lens quality and speed. Currently, this is what the bags
look like:

Big bag:
OM-4
OM-1n with Winder 2
24/2 Zuiko
28/2.8 Zuiko
50/1.4 Zuiko
100/2 Zuiko
200/4 Zuiko
2x-A
T32
Bounce Grip 2
Usual assortment of filters, cables, film, batteries, cleaning kit, etc..

Little Bag:
OM-2S with Winder 2
28-48/4 Zuiko
50/1.8 Zuiko
75-205/3.8-4.8 Vivitar
T20
Usual assortment of filters, cables, film, batteries, cleaning kit, etc...

I see these bags eventually evolving into a "55mm filter bag" and a "49mm
filter bag"

Let's see... a 50/2 Macro takes a 55mm filter, right? And we need to get that
Vivitar out of the little bag... maybe a 75-150/4 or a 100-200/5 Zuiko? Who
made that earlier comment about selling the kids?????

Depending on where I am going/what I am doing, I can grab either of these
bags and be fairly confident I can handle most situations I am likely to run
into.

Apologies for the length of this post.

Paul Schings