[OM] EBay sales

Subject: [OM] EBay sales
From: Ron Calhoun <tinman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:31:17 -0900
At 1:02 -0800 1/23/00, olympus-digest wrote:
A splokesman for EBay talked on BBC Radio 4 (the best talk radio
station in the world BTW) 2 days ago on the subject of the sale of
Nazi and Concentration Camp "memorabilia".  He was asked why EBay was
associated with such a despicable trade; the answer was "..EBay is
only a listing service, we cannot control what is sold through this
service ...".  This is a paraphrase BTW.

I'm not sure therefore that EBay has the inclination to police its
operation.  It would certainly add to its costs and reduce its
profitability.

Chris

The EBay spokesman was incorrect about EBay not being able to control what is sold through their service. They have stopped the sale of firearms on their site. Not trying to start a new thread, pro-gun or anti-gun here, just making an observation...

I'm not familiar with BBC Radio 4, but I do sometimes listen to the BBC World Service on shortwave. Is Radio 4 also on shortwave?

Ron