Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:04:53 +0100
: I'd be very interested in the opinions of this group on what a 'complete
: setup' of lenses would be. I realize everyone's situation is quite
: different, but I'd like to be prepared for almost anything.  I mostly shoot
: kids sports, so that is a defining need for me.  For example, the 75-150
: length seems nice, but I'm getting confused on the different versions.  I've
: read everything I can find online, but am still confused.

Maybe the Zuiko 65-200mm/F4 would be a better choice for sport photography:
one-touch design and a more versatile zoom range. For indoor sport you'ld need a
very fast film with an F4 lens, like Fuji Press 800 rated at 1600. Yes a F2.8
tele
zoom like Joseph recommended would also be interesting. But weight might become
an
issue: the 75-150 weighs only 455g., the 65-200 weighs 730g and an 80-200/2.8 or
70-210/2.8 lens weighs more than 1000g (the Tokina is probaby the lightest with
1090g).
For a fairly 'complete' user set I would recommend adding a standard lens (1.8,
1.4 or 1.2), and in the wide angle area either a 24mm lens or a combination of a
28mm lens and a 21mm lens. An alternative would be a true wide angle zoom. Since
Olympus only has the 28-48mm/F4, a third party lens like the Sigma
21-35mm/F3.5-4.2 could be more interesting: with just two bodies and two lenses
you'ld get an almost complete coverage of the 21~200mm range.

H@nz