Re: [OM] ebay loser

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay loser
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:20:42 +0000
At 03:23 1/23/00 , Mike Butler wrote:
>       I'm sure that many others wrote to ebay as I did regarding our friend
>GABRIEL MALOUL.  Many reported a 5-7 day backlog.  Well today I received
>a reply, not very encouraging I'm afraid.  Here is the pertinent
<snip>

Two paragraphs from Safe Harbor's reply to me:
----------
"Thank you for writing back. Users are allowed to have more than one
account, and there is no distinction between a main account and an
alias. The comment that you mention is too old for us to verify. In
addition, positive comments at this time do not have to be related to a
transaction, so in order for us to take action for Shill Feedback
Defensive, we need to see multiple posts with a clear intent to
artificially raise a rating artificially.

Although we're suspicious, this user has not violated any rules that we
can take action for at this point. Your feedback, however, serves as
good warning to future bidders about your experiences."

I interpret Safe Harbor's reply as meaning it's perfectly acceptable for
someone to set up an alternate account and give themself positive feedback.
 Safe Harbor seems to be making one for _Gabriel_Maloul_ and deceptive
practices, not the bidders.

-- John