Re: [OM] Considering switch to Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Considering switch to Oly
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:32:32 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, John Pendley wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, Doris; I didn't know anything about these new lenses.
> Actually, there are two main reasons I am considering Olympus.  One is how
> small and light they are; the main one is the reputation for optical
> quality.  I doubt that Konica optics would be up to Oly (or Leica
> standards).  Do you disagree?

  The tests on the initial wide angle duo released by Voightlander
(Cosina) tested really well in last month's Pop Photo. They won't be
identical to Leitz, of course, but they should be, in their own way,
top-notch, first-class lenses. I'd say get at least one lens to
revive your M's (or you can sell them to me ;-). It's bad for Leicas
to sit around idle. You should be exercising the shutters quarterly.

                                     *= Doris Fang =*