Re: [OM] (somewhat OT) Acer goes to school

Subject: Re: [OM] (somewhat OT) Acer goes to school
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:28:42 +0100
Gregg Iverson wrote:

> Keep your hands dry or you will have black fingerprints (hands in
> developer) or white fingerprints (from the fixer) on your prints!  BTW,
> I always liked to have music playing in the darkroom.
>
> Gregg

Good advice.

Acer, I have no intention of discouraging anyone from entering the realms of
darkness, but a warning may be appropriate. Most developers are more or
less poisonous and may eventually cause allergic reactions. The fixing
agent just makes your fingers smell strange. Consider the use of tongs
or gloves. An allergic rash from the developer can take very long
to heal and may reappear the the most inconvenient times, as I know from
an unpleasant experience.

Be careful in there! And have fun. Once you have the basic skills in place,
you can tweak the prints by dodging and burning. If you use Ilford Multigrade
or similar products you even have the option of printing selected parts of
the picture on different paper grades.

Remember to leave the darkroom for food and sleep occasionally...

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://home.worldonline.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"