Re: [OM] Pentax finders?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax finders?
From: "earthlink.net" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:27:40 -0800
Loren,
Since as how I did exactly the same thing,
bought a pentax right angle instead of the varimagni,
here is what you can expect:
Yes, the fit is close, but not exact. You will need to bend the bracket
sides out just a little because the bracket frame is just a little too
narrow to fit on the Oly.
This finder does not magnify, like the varimagni, but it does swivel around,
and has diopter adjustment.
It also gives a complete view of what is normally seen in the camera
viewfinder.
I bought mine for I think about $40 on ebay, in mint condition with the
leather case and original cardboard box.
Try getting a varimagni for that!
I use mine when I have to set the camera on the floor to get pictures of our
cats.

There is also another pentax viewfinder that does magnify, so it helps on
close focus, but is not right angle.
It also is on a hinge so you can simply swing it up to see the normal view.

Catmaster