Re: [OM] OT: Exploding rechargeable batteries?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Exploding rechargeable batteries?
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:21:25 -0600
Per Nordenberg wrote:

> [...]

Per

I worked at a small Zoo in Monroe, Louisiana, USA called Louisiana
Purchase Gardens and Zoo while attending college.  It was very
theraputic for a recently discharged GI.

I started out with the ratite birds (kicked by the Cassowarie)and
primates (bit by a treeshrew) then moved into pachyderms (loved bathing
the elephant and brushing the hippos teeth, no injuries) and finally
ended up in reptiles (small alligator bite, one cracked rib moving Fat
Albert, and an Anaconda bite) as a part time keeper while school was in
session.  If the pay was better I'd probably still be doing it. I
absolutely loved the work.

Unfortunately I did not have an Olympus then (1970-72) but did take some
pictures with the Yashica Atoron I'd used while in the Army.  Somehow
those were lost a few years ago along with most of my service pictures.

Hope you like your work as much as I did, the pay isn't great but what
price can you put on the experience?  What is your Zoo and what is your
position?

Jerry Liles