Re: [OM] linear polarizers?

Subject: Re: [OM] linear polarizers?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:04:42 +0000
At 09:52 1/19/00 , Ian Nichols wrote:
>That's pretty much what I expected, even before reading up on the theory
>:)

One thing I noticed was the shift in exposure reading was more like passing
over a "null" than a steady (sinusoidal) rise and fall.  May be worthy of
doing this on a tripod and measuring the angles over which the exposure
reading change occurs (anything over 1/2 or 1/3 stop).  Started thinking if
this is true, then claims of not seeing any effect in use could be based on
never having had the linear polarizer lined up with the angular range that
would cause it.

Something to try this weekend when I'm not shoveling snow.

-- John