RE: [OM] Presidential Lies

Subject: RE: [OM] Presidential Lies
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:16:28 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:46:54 +0800, Harridge, Wayne wrote:

> The impression I had previously (as an observer from the distant
>land of Oz) was that the American public were quite accepting of his wrong
>doings.  Is it just the composition of the list, are his supporters too meek
>to voice their praises for him ?

The American people are very forgiving of their leaders as long as
they are personally well fed and not too deep in debt. However,
Clinton has done a lot that needed forgiving, so much of his approval
is grudgingly given. SO you can see that if your supporters are
ambivalent and your critics have plenty of ammo, then...

BTW - does Clinton drive an SUV?
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx