RE: [OM] Found Olympus Cold weather Battery Device - Up For Grabs

Subject: RE: [OM] Found Olympus Cold weather Battery Device - Up For Grabs
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:40:23 +0800
Ian wrote:

> A thought occurs to me:  Wouldn't it have been a good idea to
> allow the
> camera body to run off the battery of a winder1/2/motordrive?
>  All that
> would be required would be a simple voltage regulator and a connecting
> probe into the battery compartment.  Would make the winders a little
> more expensive but should allow cold-weather use.

Just what I was thinking, also solves the battery drain problem for the
OM-4, the capacity of 4xAA alkalines has got to be >>> than 2x357 silver
oxide.  This would not be difficult to retrofit to an existing winder.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/