Re: [OM] Lens recomendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens recomendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:48:00 +0100
"Chloe"... errr - Giles wrote:

: Have a look at the opinion of the Kiron at this site -
: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/cult.html
:
: Quite favourable.  I happen to have inherited one recently but have not had
: much of a chance to test it as yet.

The Kiron 28-210 is a great lens. A bit heavy, 810g. Built like a tank, no
comparison to those current flimsy 28-210 lenses fromTamron etc. Nice "macro" up
to 1:4, in the 70-210 range. Nice filter size too, 72mm but you need thin
filters
for the wide position, and a lens hood is almost impossible. Peculiar zoom lock
screw. Most of the 'Oerol' pictures on my portfolio and the unofficial gallery
were taken with this lens, and some of them would not have been made if I had a
tele(zoom) mounted at that time, including my favourite, the ballerina in the
dunes...

H@nz