Re: [OM] Randomness prevails

Subject: Re: [OM] Randomness prevails
From: Chloe <corella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:48:30 +0800
I completely agree with you here Ken.  Witness my recently reported failure
to acquire a spare part from Oly America  for a supposedly still available
lens.

The story was the spares had been trashed.  I then managed to get  the
spare from a place in the UK  so the Oly America claim the part was no
longer available was really  only because they couldn't be stuffed getting
it from Japan.  Perhaps they did not want to reveal why they did not have
the part themselves.

Given the size and importance of the American market, the relative demise
of the OM system worldwide , lack of development and new products, may be
largely the fault of few  bods at Oly America.

Now, if that is so, how do we get rid of them ;-)

Giles