Re: [OM] Printing Skill

Subject: Re: [OM] Printing Skill
From: Garry Lewis <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 08:14:35 -0600
>>>The trick to great printing is getting good negatives. The trick to
getting good negatives <<<

I totally agree with 99 0.000000 your post if you are just beginning or you
are your own boss --

but if you want to learn to be a great 'printer', then have your boss
bring you a "crappy" negative and spent a couple of hours turning out a
print that "wow's" then in the head office. It's fun to print great with
good negatives, but printing great from lousy neg's give more
experience, learning, and a finer appreciation for those "good"
negatives.

This was the great Shock of Life I had coming out of school--- You work
with what you are given, not what you want things to be. An don't forget
that they want it "great" but they don't want to spend a lot getting it
done "right".

                                            yours first I went to Photo
school; then I went to Hard Knocks" school,

Garry D. Lewis