Re: [OM] Notes on the road

Subject: Re: [OM] Notes on the road
From: "John & Monica" <monica.barker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:44:58 +0000
Ken

Leaving aside your lovely and romantic descriptions of the natural world,
the "anomaly" in the airflow over the wing might be just that.  The air
flows over the wing faster than underneath - Bernoulli effect = lift - and
reaches a higher speed, relative to the free-stream speed of sound, and
therefore approaches the effects of transonic earlier than the whole
aircraft.  Therefore, either you saw the effects of a change in pressure or
temperature or you saw the visible manifestation of the start of the Mach
wave ... I think ;-)

For Gary Edwards (whose email I have lost owing to the terminal crash of my
hard drive and all my addresses (and letters etc :-()) thanks the .mov file,
it was most impressive.  Please send me your email address.

Chris (now in Cambridgeshire in England).