Re: OT!! RE: [OM] Notes on the road

Subject: Re: OT!! RE: [OM] Notes on the road
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:16:50 -0800 (PST)
>>>Water boils along the trailing edge of a boat or ship propellor if
it is rotating fast enough.  The low pressure pockets flash some of the
water to steam and when the steam bubbles collapse due to the water
pressure, it is called cavitation.<<<

And it makes a sound that, if you've  never heard it, shocks you at first!
<me thinks back to the time when I and a friend "hot rodded" a PT-109 boat
with dual direct drive 05 motors, fiberglass brace, etc. Golly gee, the
MOSFET speed control overheated in a few seconds and stranded the boat in
the middle of the lake....>

/AV
--
email access may be spotty as Student is upgraded/debugged over holidays;
webpage under re-organization;