[OM] Do You Remember?

Subject: [OM] Do You Remember?
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:35:34 -0600
Do you remember that special moment when you discovered light?
Do you remember that time when a shadow became the most special thing in
sight?
When time stood still while you gazed at a sunset, a moonrise, a cloud in
the sky?
Birds in the air, children playing, a holiday surprise?
Birth pains, the joy on a mother's face
Moments like these will never erase.

These are the memories firmly planted in my mind,
With reminders of times spent with loved ones near,
Better times than these, one cannot find.
Lovers wispering in each others ear.

Special moments are not sought,
They cannot be furnished or bought,
A household of love and attitudes of joy,
Are they a fluke or some Hallmark ploy?

I say "No" to the skeptics and loners,
Those who try to find happiness in a bottle will remain,
Fearful, joyless, and empty to the end,
Seeking and never finding,
Reasons for anger are impossible to defend.

These times of the holidays are upon us with great flair,
But the disaster in Caracus, Earthquakes far and near,
Shed sadness, turmult, and great dispair,
Will the victims and families ever experience anything but fear?

We say our prayers for the homeless and displaced,
Those who have lost loved ones through the year,
Memories of these we cannot misplace,
We can only shed a tear.

Remember when our lives were much more simple,
Without travel to far away places,
To grow up in your home town, surrounded by friends and family,
Where you knew everybody's faces?

As we gather with family all around,
Taking pictures, video and an extra helping of potatoes,
Give a hug, a kiss and a pat on the back,
Watch your step, you got Zuikos, the kids got Legos,

Do you remember that special moment when you discovered light?
Moments like these will never erase.

Merry Chistmas

Ken Norton
Image66