Re: [OM] Ah! what a moon!

Subject: Re: [OM] Ah! what a moon!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:18:42 -0700
At 09:50 AM 12/23/99 +0000, Dirk Wright wrote:
>We shot the moon last night. My wife with her early christmas present sigma
>600/8 mirror for her nikon, and me with tamron 300mm and sigma 18mm.
>
>It was like daylight out there! Incredible! We pushed tmax 400 to 1600, hope
>something good comes of this. I used the OM2n in auto mode on a tripod for
>everything.

Yes, it was awesome.  My wife and I were walking back from a pig-out session at
our local Lebanese restaurant, and the moon was casting strong shadows through
the elm trees onto the snow.  (For once, our local weather co-operated during
an interesting astronomical phenomena.)  While I was tempted to take the OM
out, it would have required driving into the countryside for really outstanding
shots, and we've just had a day of freezing rain followed by two days of +6
degrees Celsius weather, making for sloppy driving during the day and
dangerously slippery driving during the night.  **HEAVY SIGH**

Ah well -- guess I'll just have to blow a few rolls of XP2 on the puppy...  ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
  than a good day doing just about
  anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

    http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/