Re: [OM] Re: Nikon Dave is back

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Nikon Dave is back
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:18:35 EST

> Nikon Dave is back.  I thought he was suspended from ebay.  It's a F---ing
>  joke.

I think he's a front for Kinko's (copy place)  ;-)  But it's the right to the
publisher of a document to copyright something if they want and to use the
protection of the law to protect what they have written.  If it's information
that the public _should_ have, then they can choose not to copyright it.

The other side of this equation is that "Nikon Dave" is taking advantage of
this to his financial advantage. If he wanted just the 3 cents per page
copying cost plus mailing plus $2 to process it I wouldn't mind.  But at the
reserves he sets, no thanks.  That's apparently your choice alsol

Warren