[OM] Zuiko For Sale

Subject: [OM] Zuiko For Sale
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:48:54 -0600
All,

I've got a S Zuiko 35-70/4 for sale for cheap.  Cosmetically, it's a E to
an E-, optically it's an E+, mechanically it needs some work.  I was
planning on sending it to Dr. John for a CLA but decided to pick up a
35-70/3.6 after reading G Reese's lens tests. (Gary -- figure out a way to
charge each person looking at the tests 5 cents.  You'll probably get a
tidy sum each month.  I'm exempt because I gave you the idea, OK?)

Bad stuff:
mechanics of the lens need tightening up.  It's almost a one-touch zoom in
that you can kind-of zoom it in & out by pulling firmly on the focusing
ring
it tends to focus slightly _past_ infinity at the end of the scale.  You
have to back it off from full turn just a hair
the aperture ring has no detents -- it's smooth across the aperture range.
I'm decently sure it's SC rather than MC

Good stuff:
It's almost a one-touch zoom
Focusing past infinity gives you a view into the 6th dimension unheard of
since the Mamiya-Sekor 50mm lens.
No steenking aperture detents to hamper your creativity.
The glass is great
It's a functioning Zuiko for not much money

$50 US + $5 US for USPS Priority.  First come, first served.

Dave