Re: [OM] The Freezer Test - Mixed Results

Subject: Re: [OM] The Freezer Test - Mixed Results
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:34:48 EST
As to using "thinner oil", I know that hunters who expect are outfitting for
extremely cold climates will sometimes winterize their rifle triggers by
removing *all* lubrication.    Apparently, it is considered that no oil is
thin enough to reliable let moving pieces move when it's that cold.  This
requires that metal parts be properly hardened during manufacture, that the
triggers be put to only a limited amount of use, and also that proper
cleaning followed by proper lubrication quickly follows a return to more
temperate climes.

I don't know if this would be practical in a camera.  John?  Lots more moving
parts, etc., for sure.

Regards,

Tom Moynihan
Dallas, TX