[OM] how to avoid drop shadow in close-up flash photos?

Subject: [OM] how to avoid drop shadow in close-up flash photos?
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 12:34:49 -0600
Acer,

I am not sure of your exact set-up was, however, I would either use
the T32 off camera using coiled TTL cord/connecter combination (I
don't remember what they are called) while aiming the T32 to the
ceiling in high position for candid situations - depending on the
subject you are taking (stable or mobile).  If the ceiling is too high
(14ft or higher), I would aim the off-camera T32 toward the
subject from a several inches above the lens axis.  In both cases,
I would make experienced judgements (because no time to use
flash or light meters for candids) for the exposure compensation.
I would also use faster speed print film.  I use Fuji NPH400.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa        Dallas, TX, USA