Re: [OM] Operating the OM2 when "Off"

Subject: Re: [OM] Operating the OM2 when "Off"
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:40:49 -0800
===Thoughtful comments appreciated, before I modify one of my cameras

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx ====

OK, Thoughtful comments below.
No personal affront intended.
Run on sentences intended.

If you have a camera and you want to use auto exposure and you want
to use longer exposures than 1/60 and you are serious about the results
I suspect you would have the camera on a tripod.
And you would use care in metering.  Would that not include looking in the
view finder of the wonderful OM and at least comparing the exposure with
whatever method you are using to get a proper exposure?
You would need to have the camera switched on.
And if it is a hand held shot, the switch is so perfectly located that it
is (too me) second nature to touch it with my thumb and turn it on.
again while framing you would see the meter is not on.

It would be like cooking dinner and not setting the microwave oven.
I suggest leaving a perfectly operating camera as it is.
Unless you have some insatiable desire to tinker that is.

Charlie L.
PS: I never understood the issue of forgeting to turn on the camera.
Now, winding the film is another matter.