[OM] 2-13 focusing screen in OM-2

Subject: [OM] 2-13 focusing screen in OM-2
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 08:27:57 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility
Well, I got my 2-13 focusing screen from B+H last night. Olympus is
really over kill with that fancy box, the special tool and the brush.
If I buy more of these, I'm going to have a lot of extra tools and
brushes!

I tried filing the tab to make it fit the OM-2, but apparently the
material is really brittle, so it cracked at the base from the
vibration of the file. I took some wire cutters and just cut off most
of it. Fortunately it didn't crack into the screen very much, so it is
still usable. Seems like a good way to blow 42$ by ruining a brand new
screen.....

Anyway, it is very bright in the viewfinder now! I'm impressed.

Is the screen exactly 2 stops brighter, or only approximately? If I'm
in manual mode, what do I set the compensation dial to, +2? I suppose I
could do the same thing with the OM-1, but I'm wondering what the
combination of bright focusing screen and wrong battery would have on
the indicated exposure?

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright