[OM] Sunpak ring flash

Subject: [OM] Sunpak ring flash
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 08:21:52 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility
Hello, I got my DX-8R ring flash a few days ago. No instructions
though. This thing is totally manual, at least right now. I ordered the
dedicated olympus module, and I need the special cable too. I tried it
out anyway. In my OM-1, I had a few shots left on velvia, so I used
full power at f/5.6 and f/4 for shots of our cats. Kinda made them
blink a few times after the shot......

Last night I thawed out some VPH 220, loaded up my wife's mamiya 645,
and used the ring flash on the cats again. This time a set the f stop
and f/8 and f/11 and the flash at full power again.

I have no idea if these are even in the ball park for exposure. I'll
find out when I get the film developed obviously.....

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright