Re: [OM] Just got my OM2

Subject: Re: [OM] Just got my OM2
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:43:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Jay Maynard wrote:

> The acceleration of the second curtain starting to cross the film plane
> would induce some amount of shake, though I'm not sure how much. Using the
> hat would seem to be a reasonable thing to do.

Yes, but this shaking would start about 1/60s before the end of the
exposure, so if the exposure is of several seconds then it's unlikely to
have any noticeable effect, I'd have thought.

No actual harm in using the hat though, so you might as well.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |