[OM] OM2, t32 problems

Subject: [OM] OM2, t32 problems
From: Paul and Karen Koloszar <thelarch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:07:06 -0500
Hi.

I recently inherited an Olympus outfit (OM2, Winder2, PG2 w/T32, several
lenses (anyone WTB 35mm shift? Or trade for bellows, etc.?) and misc.
accessories) and have already paid $85 to get the winder and the shutter
to work together amicably.

That done, I thought I'd add the powergrip and the flash to the mix. I
have found that the shutter will open for a longer time than one would
expect during a flash exposure. So, if under low light conditions ( <1/8
sec. @ f/8, by the auto meter, asa set @200) I try to use bounce flash,
or close down smaller than f/8, on exposure the flash goes off after the
shutter opens, then the shutter stays open for whatever amount of time
(I suppose) would be required for an ambient light exposure. The recycle
time varies, too. As if the proper flash duration was "applied," but the
camera was unaware.

I have the ttl cord hooked up to the type3 shoe on the camera, and to
the pg2 connector (I tried it with the cord hooked to the t32 directly-
no difference.).

Also, much to my annoyance, I had a battery (Varta) spill its juice
inside the t32. I cleaned up most of it, but I can see that what I
missed cleaning is still oxidizing, or something. What should I do? I
can't get at the stuff under the battery contacts, and who knows if it
got any further? So far, the flash still "works."

Any suggestions?

Paul Koloszar <thelarch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>