Re: [OM] Monkey Business

Subject: Re: [OM] Monkey Business
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:34:14 -0600

> I agree with the remote button idea.  There's no way Koko could have pushed
> the button on that M.18V grip at the right time.

I'm not so certain about the remote button idea.  Look where Koko's
finger is, the placement of her eye, and how she is holding the camera.
She really looks like she knows what she is doing.  Remember this is an
ape that learned to talk rather fluently in sign language and who could
use a polaroid camera.  As a former zookeeper I can attest that the
anthropoid apes are very smart and more capable than you might suspect.
Hell, if a pro wrassler can be the governor of a state why can't an
intelligent ape be a photographer?

By the way, thanks for finding the photos and putting them on line.

Jerry Liles