RE: [OM] Scanning Res for Web

Subject: RE: [OM] Scanning Res for Web
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:01:52 -0700
At 01:42 PM 11/29/99 -0500, Ron Spolarich wrote:
>Thanks Garth.  After reading your response a second time it becomes very
>clear.  I'm running a 32meg ATI Rage Fury video card, 356 megs of RAM and a
>Viewsonic Prof PS790, 19" monitor set at true color.  I'll go back to
>scanning at full input DPI, saving the file then manipulating it as
>directed.  Thanks to Joel and yourself for very helpful information.  Ron

With a rig like that, I would think you'd have no real problem with getting an
adequate image to manipulate.  8^>

As I posted in another message a few minutes ago,

     www.scantips.com

is a way righteous site for learning how to get your scans to sit up and bark
for you.  I knew a lot of the things the author's written in that site, and his
method of explanation still left me going "Wow -- learned new stuff *again*!"
Good site -- when I find myself puzzling over various aspects of how to deal
with a truly unusual image, I go back and consult what's written there.

Garth