[OM] Scanning Res for Web

Subject: [OM] Scanning Res for Web
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:17:18 -0500
Having returned the Olympus ES-10 and opted for the Nikon LS-30, I note an
immediate improvement in scan quality.  Perhaps this is from better software
or hardware or both.  In any event, I initially scanned my images at 1350
DPI only to have Adobe Photoshop balk when I attempt to use the "Save for
the Web" feature.  The "Save for Web" feature optimizes JPEGs for the web.
I arbitrarily chose a DPI of 110 and had no further problems.  I suspect
Photoshop couldn't digest an enormous file for web optimization.

What I'd like to hear from the group is your initial scan DPI setting, size
of image and optimization settings for JPEG web images.

Ron